M3 Traditional

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fibonacci

Fibonacci

This is my first full M3 pen. I had segmented in a couple pieces on a trustonee pen last week, but the effect of a full pen is stunning.

It was much harder to turn than the smaller pieces and seemed to dull my tools faster than anything else I have turned, but I have only dealt with woods and acrylics in the past, so that is not too surprising.

I am really happy with the results. This kit went together really smoothly as well. I like the fact that it does not have a large post. It was hard to find a kit without it. This one does require a slot for the clip, but that is pretty easy to cut.

The bushings seem to match the outside diameter of the rings, not the contact point. This is not the best example of this pen based on that, but the blank is still great, and I am a big fan of the kit.

Comments?

Attachments

• IMG_6036.jpg
    IMG_6036.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6037.jpg
    IMG_6037.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_6038.jpg
    IMG_6038.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6039.jpg
    IMG_6039.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6040.jpg
    IMG_6040.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I had intended the pieces of Damascus steel to be equal sizes, but I like the final effect.

It is for a friend at work. I promised to make him a pen back when I first started doing them. He finally called in the favor and this is the result. I think it works.

crabcreekind

Very Nice pen, That particular kit i found was somewhat cheesy. Not to bash but here is the problems i found. the plastic snap piece that hold the cap on need to be hit with a drill bit( they tell you what size) in order to screw onto the silver thing that sits under the cap. Also i found that the black sticker is not always straight.. Just some things for you to look out for in the future. Great job on the pen!!!

Fibonacci

I did not have to drill out the plastic to screw it on. This one came from timberbits, is that where you got yours?

I have not seen enough to know about the black insert being straight. I did have the problem with those inserts not being straight on a couple of the artisan fountain pens.

Top Bottom