M3 Titanium Mokume on a vertex

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

brownsfn2

Here is my shot at the new M3 Titanium Mokume. I do not have a black light so I could not show off the color under a black light. Without the black light I think the metal looks different than the old style M3 blanks. Not bad at all just different. I am posting two sets of pics so you can see what I mean. The first set is the new M3 Titanium and the second set is the old M3 blank. I like both and I think both show and will sell well. I used the M3 polish to finish these off as instructed on both pens.

Thanks for looking!

First is the M3 Titanium:

pen423a.jpg
pen423d.jpg

And Here is the old style M3 blank:

pen422a.jpg
pen422d.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rink

Ron, great looking pens. I like the black/white(silver?) w/ the chrome kit. Very clean.

MHKogan

Here is my shot at the new M3 Titanium Mokume. I do not have a black light so I could not show off the color under a black light. Without the black light I think the metal looks different than the old style M3 blanks. Not bad at all just different. I am posting two sets of pics so you can see what I mean. The first set is the new M3 Titanium and the second set is the old M3 blank. I like both and I think both show and will sell well. I used the M3 polish to finish these off as instructed on both pens.

Thanks for looking!

First is the M3 Titanium:

View attachment 133933
View attachment 133934

And Here is the old style M3 blank:

View attachment 133931
View attachment 133932

Ron,
I think it is so cool that you thought to compare the original M3 blanks with the new M3 Titanium Pen Rods and did such a great job presenting both. I agree that they are both eye catchers and reliable sellers, but the new M3 Titanium Mokume is the future.

The biggest difference between the two besides the new pattern is the metal content. Pure US sourced Titanium has replaced the Carbonite and White Aluminum of the original M3 Black & White. Titanium is the perfect metal for the M3 process. It is strong, light weight and has the ability to take on almost any color in the rainbow.

I also like your choice of kits. The Vertex along with the Workshop Sketch pencil and the Chalk Holder make great gifts for Artists, Architects, Engineers, Teachers and anyone else that draws for fun or profit.

Great job. Send me a PM with your address and blank selection and we will get it right out to you.

brownsfn2

Michael,

I will send you a PM. Thanks.

Can you explain more about the Titanium in the blank though? Maybe a little bit on how it strengthens the blank? Is the titanium in the black part or just the colored part?

The reason why I ask is that the more information I can use to talk about strength and longevity the better the sale for a higher priced material. :)

Thanks again!

-Ron

Top Bottom