M3 Segments Very Good IMO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

Mike Kogan asked me to try my hand at segmenting some M3 blanks. I did one last fall, but I have been wanting to put this one together for some time. This is a modified Jr. Gent kit. The four blanks used are Galatic Silver, Nickel Silver, Copper and Mokume Gane. Closed End, custom finial, and custom grip. The black is PVC, but the rest is M3 with thick CA holding the joints together. My opinion. M3 segments wonderfully! And it also holds hard edges great too.

m3fountain.jpg

m3fountainopen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Wow! That is an awesome pen. I think a true masterpiece. Not only could I not make one, I couldn't even begin to understand how you did it. Amazing job.

Brooks803

I was not only amazed at how cool it is in person but also at how light weight it is. I know you took out almost all of the metal kit parts but i thought those M3 blanks had a lil heft to them like trustones do. btw, you failed to remember to tell me your knew method of turning the grip section:wink:

looks like I need to spend some serious time learning how to segment...

1dweeb

Outstanding pen. I like how the M3 material segments and machines. I am curious about mixing PVC with the M3 blanks. What did you do to finish the pen? When I use the M3 for segmenting I am cautious not to mix materials because of how the M3 blanks finish with metal polish. Please share.

hewunch

finish was 220, 400, 1500 paper then Brasso, then Plastx polish. PVC should be fine w/o any type of protection.

Top Bottom