M3 Lava & Cobaltium Jr Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LagniappeRob

LagniappeRob

I do like M3... though it does get everywhere. I come out of there looking like someone has dumped little shavings all over me.

I think it looks even better in person. It has little sparkles from catching the light when you spin it

Attachments

• DSC_0507-small.jpg
    DSC_0507-small.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 351
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Could someone explain what M3 is? Where to get it? Where it comes from? :confused:

Newbie minds want to know.:biggrin:
Thank you.:highfive:

Stonepecker,

Took me a little while to find this thread from a couple of months ago, but hopefully this link will take you to some comments made by the folks that make the M3 blanks.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/m3-blanks-108939/index3.html

You can get them at a few of "the regular" online sellers. I am pretty sure exotics has them and I believe I have seen them at some other sites as well.

Dave

JohnGreco

Nicely done! That really is a beautiful blank. I made one on a Majestic Jr black titanium rollerball and it immediately became my carry pen :)

ChrisN

Very nice. M3 blanks are on my list to try sometime - whenever I can persuade myself to spend ~$30 on a single pen blank.:rolleyes:

jyreene

I've turned a few of the all metal, half metal half volcanic ash, and all volcanic ash. I enjoyed it. Little hair raising but the results are awesome!

Oh and nice pen. I like they way they go together.

LagniappeRob

Here's the brother (cousin?) as well...

I like to make pairs. It seems like I get spurts of people wanting fountain pens, then none for a while. So I started doing them in pairs of the same hardware but 1 rollerball and 1 fountain. That way I can swap off.

The front is a M3 White Aluminum and Lava
The back is M3 Cobaltium and Lava

The only M3 blank I wasn't totally thrilled with was the solid carbonite. It doesn't pop out at you like the others. I think I sill have it in inventory from last year.

Attachments

• M3x2-small.jpg
    M3x2-small.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 155

stonepecker

Thank you all for the information and links. This is now in my "To do bucket list."
If it works half as good as it looks, this should be great.

So many things to do and take care of......I am happy just for an hour each day to look at the forums. Life can be crazy at times and right now....I am the king of nuts.

Top Bottom