M3 Emperor in Mokume Black & White

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mickey

Mickey

Emperor rollerball in M3 Black and White Mokume. I like this material although I really have to question the price of the blanks. I'm also not so sure it will work well with smaller size pens. I find the material easy to work and it's maybe one of the easiest of all materials to finish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

That is an awesome looking pen. Excuse my ignorance, but I have never heard of White Mokume. Can you tell us (me) about it?
Cheers
Bob

kennspens

that looks amazing! i agree with you on the price, it hurt to put out the dough for a cactus blank, and they're much less than the m3 blanks

Dave_M

Wow, I'd love to see that one in person. The black & white is nice. Pricey for sure, but very nice. Was it difficult to turn the M3 material?

Mickey

Wow, I'd love to see that one in person. The black & white is nice. Pricey for sure, but very nice. Was it difficult to turn the M3 material?

Not hard at all. Seems to me even easier than acrylic but maybe not a easy as wood. Certainly finishes easier.

jimbob91577

Does it feel like a metal or more like acrylic? Also, how was drilling it, did it come off the drill bit like metal would or more like acrylics? Have you turned any of their other blanks?

Mickey

Does it feel like a metal or more like acrylic? Also, how was drilling it, did it come off the drill bit like metal would or more like acrylics? Have you turned any of their other blanks?

It turns and feels very much like acrylic but doesn't produce those long ribbons while turning. The material is a bit more crumbly. Drilling will produce more of a dust and so will sanding. I'd actually rather turn one of these than acrylic.

OKLAHOMAN

Mike will at times run specials here in our classified for 20% off for members of the IAP.. I have used many of his 3/4x3/4x5 for Emperors,lotus and Imperials with no problem so on high end kits $28 a blank isn't much when your selling the finished product for upwards of $300.....
Wow close to $50 for a 1x1x6 blank...I think I will stick to wood and acrylics for a while. Looks nice though :)

witz1976

Funny I just got my new Penn State catalog today and *poof* there they are, 3/4x3/4 for $30 for one...

Mike will at times run specials here in our classified for 20% off for members of the IAP.. I have used many of his 3/4x3/4x5 for Emperors,lotus and Imperials with no problem so on high end kits $28 a blank isn't much when your selling the finished product for upwards of $300.....

JJturns

Some people get it and some people don't. Mickey, I have to say that you are definitely one of the people that get it. Very nice job and a great match up between the blank and the kit. As Roy Shawnee pointed out; match the right kit and blank then sell it for much more money.

Great looking writing instrument!
Thank you for sharing,
JJ

Top Bottom