M&M Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

My son has a favorite teacher that loves M&M so he asked if I could come up with something. I remembered seeing Bruce pull this off and decided to try it myself. Fun size M&M wrapper cast on a Sierra tube in Alumilite. This was the first time I turned alumilite and one of the first blanks I had turn out casting with this stuff. Im used to PR so I wasnt used to working so hard to get a nice shine. Still has some flaws but Im happy with it. All comments welcome good and bad. Thanks

Attachments

• M&M Sierra.jpg
    M&M Sierra.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 532
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I did one of them that was posted. Mine was a cigar, which I would not recommend. The wrapper slips against the pr when you press fit the metal pieces and causes a mirror look in the blank. From now on its sierra all the way. I did an almond joy sierra at that time and it was much better than the cigar.
Nice. There was one of a Resses peanutbutter cup wrapper last fall. Just the thoughts of doing one as well, set my glucose meter off. :)
Nice pen for the first try with Alumilite, I don't think I'm quite ready to walk away from PR just yet, the short work time scares me.
Me either, I bought some during the birthday bash to try casting some flowers from my sons birth, but decided to try the lable first. Im a pr guy all the way.

randyrls

I did one of them that was posted. Mine was a cigar, which I would not recommend. The wrapper slips against the pr when you press fit the metal pieces and causes a mirror look in the blank. From now on its sierra all the way.

John; I have a technique for Corian pens which tend to crack when pressing in the fittings. "Expand" the tube ends by just enough so the fittings are a slip fit. After making the tubes, I glue the fittings with flexible CA glue.

Top Bottom