M-16 rifle shell blank/ Walnut upper/ Euro style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

This is a combination pen that I can up with for my dad. The rifle shell is from an M-16, blank cartridge fired at my grandfathers funeral and given to my dad. The walnut is from my grandmothers desk name plate that she used for 35 years, she passed away 2 months ago. So I combined the two, to make this beautiful pen for my dad in their memory, always together.

I used alternative ivory for the nib/tip so that I didnt change the integrity of the shape of the shell. The upper barrel I used a Euro pen upper with the center band, clip and clip end.

Attachments

• Mama and Papa's pen.JPG
    Mama and Papa's pen.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Mama and Papa's pen2.JPG
    Mama and Papa's pen2.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Mama and Papa's pen3.JPG
    Mama and Papa's pen3.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

I think that is absolutely wonderful. How thoughtful of you,
I'm quite sure your Dad will treasure this for life.
Nice job on the alt ivory nib piece, it looks great!

bdonald

Great job! Whenever possible I try to do what you did <although you took it a step further combining two memorable aspects!> and create yet another memory for the gift. I cant even imagine how much this means to him. You sure moved yourself up a rung on his favorite people list :)

seamus7227

Nice work. Now I finally have something to do with the shell casing from my best friends 21 gun salute. Thank you.
\

Thank you! You know, the main problem for my dad was that here is this shell sitting in a desk drawer, collecting dust, that he never sees. Now he has a pen made from something of both of his parents. It has function and meaning, and I, his son, made it for him. Icing on the cake!! He loves it!!

Top Bottom