Lump of Beef! Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

This material is called Dark Coral, but to me it looks like a piece of stringy beef!

I started this last week, and as I nearly finished the cap my lathe went "BANG" big time. It made me jump somewhat, and I dug my skew in and shattered the cap:mad: The speed controller board was fried.
Replaced today and all running.
Finished it, but lost my way with the cap as only had a short piece to work with. It might look a bit more balanced if I shorten the barrel a bit.
What do your reckon?
DSC00013001.jpg

DSC00011001.jpg

DSC00008001.jpg

DSC00014001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Dark Coral....It's what's for Dinner! Or if you preferr "Where's the Dark Corral".
I think the cap looks fine just the way it is. I really like the "button" on the cap.

Jim Smith

Nice recovery on the cap, I really like the way it looks. If the bank was just a bit darker red it would look like beef jerky, but I'm pretty sure people would not want to buy a blank called beef jerky.

Nice job on the pen, thanks for sharing.

Jim Smith

BSea

I like the balance between the cap & barrel. Plus I think the button cap finial looks great. But I agree with you on the beef coloring.

wizard

John, That is a gorgeous pen! I personally would not go back and change the barrel or for that matter, anything at all about the pen. The finial and accent give the pen the additional length to the cap. If you wouldn't have mentioned it..I would never would have guessed it was due to the incident with the cap..great recovery...LOL..I think I should break a cap or two and end up with a beauty like that. I love the profile of the section and the contrast of the black and the "Beefy Red". The black section and finial with the red accent give look just great! Great job! Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom