Lucitylic - Had to try it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

Just when I thought I was getting a little bored this one comes along. This is a Lucitylic Pen Blank - Baby Blue. Thanks to asking around IAP (after trashing the yellow one) I could do this one once I figured out the paint. Tube and barrel painted flat blue I did a chrome trimline with my trumpet bell at the end. I can grip it without sliding off. The cool part is the 3D effect the ribbon makes when the pen is held a particular way and with the extra elevation on the lower end I can see nice detail. I did the best I could do with the photos. A cameo appearance from my Triton as a prop helped. The challenge was a good one. The CA didn't separate the paint however the CA did not hold the tube when pressing in the nib. The saving grace was that the tube will mushroom when the nib and trans are pressed in and that held it tight. The top was not a problem. A blue Monteverdi refill completed the ensemble. I have a red one on the workbench I'll do after I figure out what to use it with. This is one cool blank. Thanks Ed Brown for creating this one.
Not for sale, I'll keep this one and make another. After selling off other firsts that later I wish I kept, I learned my lesson. :cool:

Attachments

• DSC04459.jpg
    DSC04459.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC04517.jpg
    DSC04517.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC04542.jpg
    DSC04542.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC04474.jpg
    DSC04474.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC04516.jpg
    DSC04516.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Indeed, a beautiful job on the pen! Your fit and finish are spot on!

Consider using 5 minute clear epoxy instead of CA to glue in the tube. Less issue with paint and should not come loose during assembly.

Top Bottom