Lucite Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mr

IPD_Mr

Got a package from Smitty the other day and wanted to try our the gold/black Ti Sierra. I was a little worried because the black Ti was darker than any other black Ti kit i had dealt with. With the gold I think I like the darker black Ti better. Not a bad little kit especially for the price. This is on our new Merlot Lucite. Comment and critiques are always welcome.

merlotpen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Joe, just because he's married to your daughter dosen't mean you have to give him any slack, I'n sure you noticed the chip at the final, the rough spot just below the clip, more sanding lines than at the check outs at wal mart and the overall lousy fit!

Now that I got that out of my system and the kidding is over, job well done, the Merlot looks good enough to drink.

ctubbs

Roy, now that you mention it, and after a close second look, you may just have seen something that was covered by a bit of PhotoShop flair. Sorry Mike, I just couldn't resist. It's a flip Wilson thing. That red blank really sets off the hardware and vice-versa. That is one beautiful pen. Congratulatiions.
Charles

IPD_Mr

Joe, just because he's married to your daughter dosen't mean you have to give him any slack, I'n sure you noticed the chip at the final, the rough spot just below the clip, more sanding lines than at the check outs at wal mart and the overall lousy fit!

Thanks Roy, I knew all those lessons from you would pay off. :biggrin:

I had someone ask, the blank was reverse painted. I used Testors Red Pepper for this one. It also mixed well in the epoxy.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OUCH

You just upset both Barea Hardwoods and me...That is an SPW Le Roi and the darker black titanium is intentional to disguish it from 24kt goldf/gun metal G Series.
Got a package from Smitty the other day and wanted to try our the gold/black Ti Sierra. I was a little worried because the black Ti was darker than any other black Ti kit i had dealt with. With the gold I think I like the darker black Ti better. Not a bad little kit especially for the price. This is on our new Merlot Lucite. Comment and critiques are always welcome.

merlotpen.jpg
Just jerking your chain a little Mike, I won't shoot you at sunrise tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Sorry Smitty, had no intention of upsetting you. I just look at it this way, a cigar is a cigar. I certainly don't call a cigar purchased from PSI a Big Ben. Same goes with the Sierra and Wall Street. People get confussed with mutiple names for the basic same design shape.

I do want to add to my experience with the first one of these kits. First is the finial twist. Much better design and works like the Aero. So the kit went up a couple of notches. Now I have only done the one so far, but I noticed that when the ball point was extended and I went to retract it, it would not go back without a push. My first thought was the spring was soft, but after a couple of twists back and forth it worked fine. I think it was just the tranny was well lubed and once turned a few times it worked quite well. This beats the heck out of a dry tranny and trying to get it lubed.

Top Bottom