Lucite Semi-Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

Played around with some of our vintage lucite stock. The nib side is closed end with a sliver of black Lucite. For the cap side I eliminated the metal cap and made a new one of the same black Lucite trying to keep it thin as the one on the nib side. I made the cap finial solid and found a problem with screwing in the nib. :mad: Had to remove the finial and drill out the inside so that it would screw on and not interfere with the nib. It was originally suppose to be a fountain pen but had to switch to the rollerball so the cap would fit. :redface: All comments are welcome. Critiques are much appreciated.

burg1.jpg

burg2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

That is NICE! I love the size of the finial and barrel end, and how they contrast with the rest of the pen. Very cool. Crying shame you had to de-fountainpenize it, but what the heck, it's still gorgeous!

Kwn

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's very slick Mike. Very nicely done.
Question; Now that you have eliminated the cap trim ring, is the female threaded insert tight enough so that it can't be pulled out?

Texatdurango

Mike it looks really nice, the color of the blank blends well with the silver and black pieces. I think I would have made the black finials a bit longer, say twice what they are and possibly a silver accent ring on the lower body to match the silver ring of the clip.

rej19

Beautiful pen Mike and great photo also. Keep putting a bug in your father-in-laws ear about a photography demo in one of our Indpls meetings.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It is if you glue or loc-tite it! :)

Question; Now that you have eliminated the cap trim ring, is the female threaded insert tight enough so that it can't be pulled out?

LOL, pity you weren't such a smart ass before you made the cap too short!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

IPD_Mrs

It is if you glue or loc-tite it! :)

LOL, pity you weren't such a smart ass before you made the cap too short!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I didn't make the cap too short, I forgot to hollow the finial. :tongue: Now the finial is much like my head most of the time!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Good looking pen there. Also Blue loctite has become a very good friend of mie around the shop:biggrin:.

ctubbs

Mike, I could care less about the hollowed finial, that is one gorgeous pen. Thanks for sharing.
Loctite has been my friend for many years, way before i ever turned my first anything. It even taste good in very small amounts. DAMHIKT
Charles

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It even taste good in very small amounts. DAMHIKT
Charles

LOL, it does have a not-unpleasant flavour doesn't it??
Its actually strange because you'd expect them to put something really replusive in it to stop little kids ( and adult idiots like us) from touching it as I'm sure it can't be good for you:biggrin:

IPD_Mrs

It even taste good in very small amounts. DAMHIKT
Charles

LOL, it does have a not-unpleasant flavour doesn't it??
Its actually strange because you'd expect them to put something really replusive in it to stop little kids ( and adult idiots like us) from touching it as I'm sure it can't be good for you:biggrin:

If you want something nasty, try celluloid. It has camphor in it. Everything tastes like that for a bit after turning it.

OKLAHOMAN

Fantastic but damn Mike now I can't show off the vintage Lucite you and Linda sent me, so I'll just let people know mine weren't semi kit less,(not even close) not near as pretty(Just your every day component pen) as I didn't have black accents( I really like the look) but the blanks were a beautiful blue, a ravishing red, a gorgeous green and come hither cooper. Now Mike we're all looking forward to three more semi to completly kit less vintage Lucites....

IPD_Mrs

Roy I am saving the rest of my stock for 100% kitless. I like working with this stuff too much and think that it will thread well for kitless. You still need to post yours as I have not seen the green or copper finished yet.

Texatdurango

Roy I am saving the rest of my stock for 100% kitless. I like working with this stuff too much and think that it will thread well for kitless. You still need to post yours as I have not seen the green or copper finished yet.

Well gee whiz, you have friends who could help you out with this little dilehma......... if they had a blank to play with........ AND your stock would still be going towards 100% kitless! :eek:

Top Bottom