LTD.Ed.Emperor /Blk.1930-40s Bakelite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Bought this blank from Dawn(PRprincess) back in June? Thanks Dawn & ED ! And have been waiting for the skills to develope . Got the Blk.TI/Rhodium LTD. Edition Emperor for my birthday from LOML . The whole time I was turning this blank , I was thinking how glad I was , that I only bought ONE . But , when it started polishing up , I changed my mind . :biggrin: Thanks for looking ! If you have questions , I'll do my best to answer them .

Attachments

• IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dasimm

I have yet to work with Bakelite - wondering what type of finishing do you put on Bakelite or do you just polish it up?

PS - nice pen.

Thanks

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bought this blank from Dawn(PRprincess) back in June? Thanks Dawn & ED ! And have been waiting for the skills to develope . Got the Blk.TI/Rhodium LTD. Edition Emperor for my birthday from LOML . The whole time I was turning this blank , I was thinking how glad I was , that I only bought ONE . But , when it started polishing up , I changed my mind . :biggrin: Thanks for looking ! If you have questions , I'll do my best to answer them .

I am, of course, injured to the "quick"!!!

Have I ever fibbed to you???? (Well,............. about BLANKS????)

GREAT job, looks fantastic!!!

After Ben's post yesterday, what did YOU think of the smell of bakelite?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am, of course, injured to the "quick"!!!

Have I ever fibbed to you???? (Well,............. about BLANKS????)

GREAT job, looks fantastic!!!

After Ben's post yesterday, what did YOU think of the smell of bakelite?

LOL , Ed if you told me a chicken chewed tobaco , I'd look under his left wing for a can of Copenhagen ! :biggrin:

I should point out to everyone who sees these photos , I may still not have turned this blank without Eds tips . Thanks Ed . I don't recall Bens post , but to answer your question , I took several breaks and even left it on the lathe overnight half way thru turning . STUFF STINKS !! :frown:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For all whom have asked, I am SORRY!!!!

I find the smell exceptionally sweet. STRONG but not at all annoying. But, then, Dawn pours tens of gallons of PR in our kitchen and we both think it smells like "new car".

So, I didn't mean to mislead!!!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you John and Roy , I appreciate the compliments . :biggrin:

All joking and razzing aside , I can't wait to reorder . The Bakelite is really nice material and DOES NOT stink . It does as Ed pointed out , have its own unique aroma . It also makes a nice looking pen .

Top Bottom