Lower Manhattan - WTC revisited

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Forgive me for showing these pens again, but I made some changes and additions.
The pair of pens never seemed 'finished' and I wasn't the only one that didn't like the original nibs.
I reshaped the nibs to make them simply straight sided. Much better !!

Then I made this desk plaque / stand that is the approximate shape of Lower Manhattan from 14th St down to Battery Park.

It has two recessed square holes to take the pens and two more squares with golden (brass shim ) bases to depict the Reflecting Absence memorials, which of course are the original WTC footprints.

My wife and I visited the site on our 25th ( Silver ) anniversary back in April, and after seeing the site, I had to finish the set off.

The positioning of the pens ( WTC 1 and 2 ) and the memorial holes are relatively accurate to each other, but of course I took artistic licence with their position in Lower Manhattan.
The caps of the pens fit into the footprints and sort of look like the city with all it's famous skyscrapers.

Very difficult to take decent pics, but I hope you like the changes. ( I'm pretty happy with them now ):biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF1781.JPG
    DSCF1781.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCF1784.JPG
    DSCF1784.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 407
  • DSCF1785.JPG
    DSCF1785.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCF1789.JPG
    DSCF1789.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

wtc

Steven, those are incredibly classy and thank you from all of us to take the time to pay your respects...awesome gesture:cool::cool::cool:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
No need to ask forgiveness Steven. This set is worth another look anytime. Beautiful work in an appropriate display. Thank you for your consideration and, additional effort. I think you absolutely nailed it.

Curly

That set should be featured in Pen World or Penna magazines. :good:

I wonder how long it will take before one of the "big companies" begins to offer some limited edition pen sets along the same lines? :rolleyes:

stonepecker

What a memorial to such a sad day. Your work and the piece is more then a work of art ....... Hope that you have it displayed because it surely does neet to be shown.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Lenny

Steven, I have always marveled at your work. This is truly a work of art beyond what words can describe. Exceptional!

Top Bottom