Lovebirds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

For my Christmas present this year,I decided to make a few stamp pens,because they are so fun to do.

When I saw these neat Lovebird stamps from the country of Laos,I thought they would be nice on a pen,hoping someday a parrot lover would buy it.

I love the colors and details,it's a real cheerful-looking pen!

This is how the first of two turned out.Done decoupage-style ( ca over wood core )

Thanks for lookin',

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_7184.JPG
    IMG_7184.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_7187.JPG
    IMG_7187.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_7189.JPG
    IMG_7189.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7192.JPG
    IMG_7192.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_7194.JPG
    IMG_7194.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_7185.JPG
    IMG_7185.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Steve you have really made the Stamp Pen your Signature Piece.
Your Choice and Layout of Stamps is Fantastic,
As is your Choice of Pen, Fit and Finish.
Love them All. Have a Happy New Year.
Brian.

Jim Smith

I love your stamp pens and in fact I have a number of tubes with the stamps on them but I am undecided if I should try to cast them in poly or use CA as some folks do. Which method do you use to complete your stamp pens?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Jim Smith

ossaguy

Hi Jim,

My guess is that if you already have them on bare tubes,you would want to cast them.Otherwise,that's just too much ca,unless you make them straight,and it's a style that there normally isn't much meat there.

I did a couple early on like that,and with that much ca,it tends to get "tinted".You notice it because the bright white stamp backgrounds turn a shade or two gray,if that makes any sense.

On a straight Zen pen like this one,It works best for me to start with a completed barrel that's been turned down to .470-475'',then ca finish it smooth.Then after painting it white,stamps & 2 coats of Mod Podge,it's then about .489''.build it up to .530'',then skew it to size,sand and end up at .512' is how I do it.This makes it so if you close your eyes,you can't feel anything but smooth,and you don't scrape thru.

If the body is curved,I send it to Don Vann for casting since I don't have the skills to cast.

Thanks for the kind words,

Steve

Top Bottom