Love new Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

Here are a few of the new Sierra kits. This is a vast improvement over the old in my opinion.

200651316164_DSCN5517%20Sierra.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I agree,
Seems like with the black Sierra's, you kind of need a darker wood or there is too much contrast. With that lighter color, it really seems to set that wood off better.

Very nice pens...

mike_l

Looks real good Wayne. [:)]
What exactly are the names of these new Sierra kits and where can I get some? I've tried a few of the upgrade gold and they all sold quickly.

Thanks,
Mike

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful work, Wayne. Looks like x-cut black palm, amboyna, brown mallee burl, snakewood, curly koa and buckeye burl. Am I close? [8D]

wayneis

You win Lou, thats exactly what they are. In my opinion, these are the classiest ball point kits available to us. Also I wasn't sure what I would think about the ones with the gold but IO really like them now that I have made some up.

Thanks for all the comments.

Wayne

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Beautiful work, Wayne. Looks like x-cut black palm, amboyna, brown mallee burl, snakewood, curly koa and buckeye burl. Am I close? [8D]

Hey, Lou would you mind picking the numbers for my lottery ticket. Man you're sharp.

OOOOps, sorry Wayne forgot to say how sharp looking the Sierra bunch is. Excellent work.

-Peter-

mike_l

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Mike,

Check Ernie McFarlane's site at http://beartoothwoods.com
Ernie carries the new finishes and you can get your questions answered there.

Thanks for the info William!

Mike L

micah

I do like the looks much better that the old ones.
However, I would really like to see a pen like this that you could turn those new pieces instead, with wood or you personal preference.
You did a wonderful job on the quality of these pens, I just think it would look a lot more "custom" if you could change it up a little bit. Heck, if the parts just came apart, then you could at least modify it. JMO
Micah

wayneis

Personally I disagree Micah. Thats what really makes this kit, if they take that away it just like all the other kits. Thats also what helps to make this such a classy pen.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom