Love it, hate it, Urushi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chriselle

chriselle

Blame the customer. He wanted a blue Urushi body with a Sedona gold front section and clipless. After going completely non component on my urushi I must say I hate making these semi kitless thingies. Meh...customer seems to be happy so I'll leave it at that. Anyway, it's black on two blues with a gold layer for some shimmer. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• blue Urutest.jpg
    blue Urutest.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 525
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

Oh...I was cursing this one. Making it was akin to scrubbing a dirty toilet bowl. In the end it's shiny but the entire process was a chore. It was like polishing a turd for 6 months. :wink: No more of these half and half pens. It's got to be either full component or custom.

SDB777

Cursing pays off sometimes....and all that is important is the final customer getting their 'dream come true' pen. Well done!

Scott (customers run the world with their wallets) B

PenMan1

I LOVE your Urushi finish and I don't really mind the "half and half". I am a long admirer of your Urushi process. I though about giving it a go, but unfortunately, I don't have the materials (OR THE PATIENCE)!

Nicely done, as always!

chriselle

I LOVE your Urushi finish and I don't really mind the "half and half". I am a long admirer of your Urushi process. I though about giving it a go, but unfortunately, I don't have the materials (OR THE PATIENCE)!

Nicely done, as always!

Thank you Andy. I'm just getting the ebonite bodies ready for this years batch of pens. The air is too dry this time of year but come March and April I should be able to get to slathering...:wink:

Brooks803

I can understand the frustration of putting on such a beatiful finish on something that doesn't hold it's weight against it.

Love urushi...only wish I could give it a try!

Top Bottom