Love free wood with a surprise inside.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Family reunion at my brothers last weekend. Looking through is firewood pile and found a couple nice pieces of crotch wood maple that had some nice curl in it. Figured I would get 2 or 3 nice curly pieces out of each. Started cutting into it and found all this spalting. Both pieces were pretty well spalted all the way through but not on the surface that could be seen when I picked them. Made these two for him and his wife, although I think I will swap the hardware on the Sierra for his wife for gold so they can easily tell them apart.

Attachments

• 2019.jpg
    2019.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 2020.jpg
    2020.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 170
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Nice pens, but I agree with you, change something on one of them so they can be told apart. Nothing seems to cause friction like "No, that's mine, you lost yours last week" or "I've been carrying this all week, what do you mean it's yours".

I actually did that on purpose to a (thankfully) ex coworker once. Made two identical pens out of corian, so they were really indistinguishable, and sent them to his wife to share. After all the grief he caused me at work, I would just sit back and smile about giving him back a little at home.

bitshird

Oh Heck yes those are nice, what a pleasant find, I like the wood and your turning looks great, Which one will you change the hardware on??

Rick_G

Oh Heck yes those are nice, what a pleasant find, I like the wood and your turning looks great, Which one will you change the hardware on??

I'll change the Sierra the other is a Pacifica Warrior from woodpenpro. They were different but this makes it obvious and most women I know like gold better anyway.

Top Bottom