LOVE copper two-tones!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nylajune

nylajune

Here is my most favorite to date: A two-tone copper Sierra from Beartooth Woods made with a Copper Haze acrylic blank. It was sanded to 12000 Micro Mesh and polished with McGuires plastic polish. The picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice! This is my first posting....comments welcome!

Attachments

• Copper_Sierra.jpg
    Copper_Sierra.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

I love the two-toned copper Sierra as well--- I have one on "display" at home that I made from magenta dyed box-elder burl. I do NOT ever use it, lol, and if you want this one to stay pretty, I'd suggest the same for it--- any nick or ding in the epoxy coating will allow the copper to oxidize.

Very nice work!

nylajune

Thank you!

Thanks for the warning on the copper. This is my first one and I've been using it for just about a week. So, I haven't had any experience with the copper oxidizing.

redfishsc

You should also try the two-toned Chrome, it's almost as pretty and the chrome is a lot more durable.

I haven't had anyone want to buy the copper kits, and I would sell one if they wanted it, but it would come with the disclaimer that the pen is made for display moreso than for daily-shirt-pocket use and that the plating is not warrantied against scratches, nicks, dings, and tarnishing.

nylajune

RE: Two-toned chrome.

I'll definitely keep an eye on the copper. I use it every day. Thanks again for the headsup. I have a two-toned chrome made with a Carribean Cruise blank that I will be posting tomorrow. You're right....it does make a beautiful pen!

rcarman

Nice pen!

I personally prefer the chrome two-tone myself. However, nice work on the pen. The color match on the blank is great. Nice fit and finish!!

VisExp

That's a nice looking pen Nyla. The blank and kit compliment each other nicely. :)

I'm a big fan of purple, but your photo might show the pen off better if you used a plainer background.

nylajune

Actually that background is blue. It's the same one I used for the two-toned chrome Sierra with Carribean Cruise blank. The lighting must have caused the purple appearance. :(

MikeInMo

I like the copper.

For a little different take on copper oxidizing - I made a copper comfort for LOML at her request a while back. It lives in her purse and is used regularly. As expected, the plating has changed color (darkening, staining), and she likes it better now than right after I finished it.

Top Bottom