Lotus in Bethlehem Olive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from martyb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Looks you did an excellent job with it. My problem is that the Lotus is a really "busy" kit and BOW can look pretty busy also. I'm just not sure I think these two go together.

martyb

Thanks!

I definitely agree with the "busy" kit. I spent a lot of time trying to find the right blank for this. Dark woods seemed to make the business of the kit POP a little too much. So I knew I wanted a lighter color. Went with the least character BOW blank I had. The picture accentuates the character of the BOW, but in the hand, it's a bit calmer and fairly elegant.

I'm considering white holly for a Lotus FP.

twoofakind

While it is a busy pen when a customer spends that much on a pen they probably want it busy and loud so people will notice it.[;)](at least I would)
Plus with the BOW it has a nice story.
Andy

kent4Him

I thought it looked a bit busy even before reading the other posts. I'm not a big fan of the Lotus or the Emperor because there's just too much bling. IMHO, The kit should highlight the wood, not distract from it.

But even with that, you did a good job turning it.

Dario

It is what your customer wants that matter [;)]

Personally, I will probably go with the darker wood on the next one...I know, opposite your plans but just a though [:D]

chigdon

The customer that will want that will want it 'busy' AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the customer that will want that will pay good $$$ for it! Great looking pen. I love the pen but would never carry that much flash.

martyb

To both of the Chris's, I agree, the Emporer, Imperial and now Lotus are a lot of Bling and I'd never carry that much flash around on me. This is purely a pen to make a statement sitting on some executives desk. Having said that, there's still nothing like holding one you just completed in your hand, looking down at it and going "wow, I did that".

Someone has to have said "There's an owner for every pen". Now I just need to get my website finished and start finding some owners for this and my selection of Barons.

Dario - Darker is always an option, its just a matter of finding the right blank. As we've all said, it's a busy kit. We usually try to highlight the wood used, but staring at this thing, you find it's so busy that you have to balance business in both wood and kit to elevate them both. It was really tough to pick the blank for this first one. But my mood and my eye may lead me down a different path with the next, whenever that may be.

EPC - Got the kit from CraftSupplies USA. It's one of their new Lotus style. The kits aren't cheap by any means. But like the Emporer and the other CSUSA kits, it's a solid well designed/built kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom