Lot's wife was cool!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After re-reading, maybe I should explain it's salt and blue dye.
2007518213044_lotswifecoolnet.jpg

Ya Think?????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocRon

How is the salt on the surface protected from moisture in the air? I would not think that it would remain encapsulated in resin at that point. Did you put something on there, like CA or something?
Inquiring minds want to know!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A few additional details:

Yes, we WOULD make these available for sale to those who have asked (in e-mails). HOWEVER, a few "factoids" I learned. Salt reacts with CA!! Causing a release of HEAT, witness burned finnies!

Long disclaimer will accompany any sold blanks.[:0][:0][:0]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by DocRon
<br />How is the salt on the surface protected from moisture in the air? I would not think that it would remain encapsulated in resin at that point. Did you put something on there, like CA or something?
Inquiring minds want to know!!

Doc,
You may find this scary. THAT was exactly what I wanted to know. So, we treated a piece as if it were part of the pen (coated in CA, sanded off, etc) and DOUSED it in water. Due to the PR and CA, there was no change in the makeup of the piece. I still would not recommend STORING the pen in a glass of water, but under "normal use", I am fairly certain it will be fine.

AGAIN a disclaimer will be issued to the end user, this contains a large amount of salt, so it may react if allowed to get wet (or words to this effect). But, I don't really think it will happen.

(edited to beat Cav to the misspillings)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We're pretty confident a rainy day is ok. However, please don't take it in the swimming pool to make underwater notes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom