Lots of firsts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sdaj

sdaj

First time on lathe, first pen, first attempt at CA finish, first pen photography. .. any advice is greatly appreciated.
8af12e189e0b1d335e56801e3295c7ee.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Very nice and congrats on getting into this additive hobby. Each pen is a learning experience. I'm finishing up 14 pens for Christmas gifts and each one was a learning experience. I noted that I have a lot of dowel wood and 3/4X3/4 hardwood that I can use for practice. I discovered I can drill them to a certain size so they fit the mandrel and not have to use a tube. Turn, learn and toss!

magpens

Nice going !! . Welcome to IAP !!!

As a newcomer, if you make a post in the "Introductions" Forum, you will be eligible to win a prize in the monthly prize drawing.

OZturner

Welcome Sdaj, and Congratulations, on an Incredible First Pen.
Excellent Choice of Blank, Beautifully Turned, though the Diameter at the Center Band, looks a little under size for the Band.
This will just take a little Experience, to get the Confidence to identify and learn how to determine, how much to leave for Finishing.
I suggest that you keep this pen, and use it the coming weeks, months, years to monitor your progress.
Congratulations, I would have been proud if my First Pen, was as good as yours.
I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Brian.

That's a great first pen! And best of all (IMO at least) you made it the way it should be made - with straight barrels instead of the "wasp" style a lot of us did when we were new.

Top Bottom