Los tres (mesquite) amigos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Mesquite never fails to amaze me. I needed three mesquite pens for a trio of exchange students. I walked out my back door and into the N Tex mesquite forrest and brought back a log. Here is what I found inside. Enjoy and comments welcome.

2006527174423_3%20msqt%20slims%20copy.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Don,
Very nice. I wish I had woods like that around here. I'm getting an exchange student, well a short term language student from Jordan, for 2 weeks. I made a green dyed curly maple for our last one (from Japan).
Rob

its_virgil

Thanks to all for the comments!

Janet (jsssmith3): But, you should have some nice woods in the Albuquerque area. Send your address and I'll send you some mesquite blanks.[8D]

wags54: I thought so too. They weren't adjnacent to each other, but they were from the same log and each pen was from the same blank.[;)]

Corey(challagan): Thanks..I'm glad you like them.[:)]

alamocdc: But I won't be able to see them after they redden[V]

Johnathan: Two boys from Gremany and a girl from Brazil...I love teaching exchange students. They are always such good students, or at least the ones we have are...maybe we've just been lucky. [:)]

BigRobb77: Thanks for the nice words and I hope you enjoy your )short term) exchange students.[:)]

thewishman: They were quite surprised the wood looked as nice as it did. Our school is in the middle of a mesquite thick pasture on three sides. [:)]

Jim15: Thanks [8D]

Coach: I've only been retired of one day. I hope I can say that in a few months. Mesquite chips smell great anytime, as does mesquite smoke from the smoker.[:D]

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom