Look at what I have created!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Anyone remember that line from the Tom Hanks movie "Cast Away"? For those that do remember, you'll get the joke :rolleyes:

I am SUPER happy with this one! The blank is one of my creations. I put it on a zen to really show it off. This is easily in my top 3 all time favorite blanks. Finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Almost set the paper towel ablaze while shining it up :tongue: As always comments/critiques welcomed and appreciated!

Here's what I started with. Reverse painted black:

photobucket-4147-1310247257357.jpg

All finished:

100_2714559x700.jpg
100_2724613x700.jpg
100_2732587x700.jpg
100_2736654x700.jpg

Of course the closeup :biggrin:

100_2723592x700.jpg
100_2735700x679.jpg

Thanks for looking!

seamus7227

Looks great from here Jonathon! I'm curious though on the zen kits, how do you keep the caps magnet in the cap, mine came out and i'm guessing that i should just epoxy it back in. Is this typical with this kit

ctubbs

That is not Wilson, but it surly is on FIRE! What color! That is gorgeous. Do not show it near a Fire Dept or you would get hosed down for sure. That pen shows heat. Beautiful casting and finish. Congratulations, Jonathon.
Charles

bensoelberg

Looks great from here Jonathon! I'm curious though on the zen kits, how do you keep the caps magnet in the cap, mine came out and i'm guessing that i should just epoxy it back in. Is this typical with this kit

Yes, epoxy it back in, and do it soon. The magnet fell out of one of mine and I just kept pushing it back in. Then the magnet broke into 4 pieces and it was impossible to glue them back together because of the magnetism. I don't think it is a super common problem with the kit, but I know that it does happen occasionally.

steeler fan1

Jonathan,
That is an eye popper, colors jump off the screen. It has a little bit of a retro look with more vibrant colors. Outstanding!

Carl

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Actually, is looks like a tall, clear glass of my ice-filled Pepsi sitting in the sun.

Absolutley beautiful colors! Great work.

RSidetrack

Oh my!!! How many did you make and how much you want? :wink:

PS - My dad is a firefighter, he would absolutely love that!

Last edited:

D.Oliver

I thought #2 was the Pua Shell. I had #1 pegged though.

I had three of Jonathon's blanks in mind; the suspended animation, the opal, and the scorcher and none of them made the list. I think that just goes to show how talented of castor Jonathon is!

Brooks803

Lol...yall are close for the top 5 atleast.
1. Vintage Blue
2. This one---no name as of yet
3. Cosmic Shame
4. Pua Shell (you were close Hans)
5. Suspended Animation (the ones Joe "Turbowagon" did a while back are the best so far).

Oh, and I only made 2 of these. I kept one, obviously...and Roy has the other (it's the one I labeled experimental!). They're difficult to make so I'm working on how to make them a bit easier with less complications.

Last edited:

Bobalu

Wow Jonathon! That is one super looking pen. I can only hope that I may someday something that beautiful pops out of my mold. I told you it was that magic wand and the special chant, but you won't believe me.

robutacion

Great stuff, mate...!:wink:

One of the things that reverse painting has shown to be extremely efficient at is, to change completely the looks of the base acrylic colours, it amazes me how much difference it can make and how it produces effects that would be, almost impossible to achieve by only using colorants, of any kind...!

Cheers
George

RSidetrack

Lol...yall are close for the top 5 atleast.
1. Vintage Blue
2. This one---no name as of yet
3. Cosmic Shame
4. Pua Shell (you were close Hans)
5. Suspended Animation (the ones Joe "Turbowagon" did a while back are the best so far).

Oh, and I only made 2 of these. I kept one, obviously...and Roy has the other (it's the one I labeled experimental!). They're difficult to make so I'm working on how to make them a bit easier with less complications.

Well when you figure it out and you make more PM me :wink: My dad would absolutely love a pen like that - I just have to find the perfect kit to go with it. Too bad they don't have any diamond plate kits :rolleyes:

OKLAHOMAN

Jonathan that is now my favorite , the experimental blank is resting very comfy and has no idea he's ...er it (must be politically correct) will be cut,skewed,MM'ed,polished, soon:biggrin:

underdog

Wowser!

I love that color.

I think I'm hooked on this acrylic stuff...

Might have to try out casting my own. Oh no. Another hobby... Just what I need...:redface:

broitblat

That is absolutely stunning.

If you're looking for a name, I'd suggest Prometheun. In Greek Mythology, Prometheus is a titan known for smuggling fire from Olympus (by hiding it in a stick) and giving it to the mortals. That's what I first thought of when I saw this pen.

-Barry

Brooks803

Wow Jonathon! That is one super looking pen. I can only hope that I may someday something that beautiful pops out of my mold. I told you it was that magic wand and the special chant, but you won't believe me.

Lol...trust me Bob. I'm still chanting "please don't let me screw this up, please don't let me screw this up, pleast don't let me screw this up." each time I try something!

Jonathan that is now my favorite , the experimental blank is resting very comfy and has no idea he's ...er it (must be politically correct) will be cut,skewed,MM'ed,polished, soon:biggrin:

Roy, I can't wait to see what you do with "it" :tongue:

That is absolutely stunning.

If you're looking for a name, I'd suggest Prometheun. In Greek Mythology, Prometheus is a titan known for smuggling fire from Olympus (by hiding it in a stick) and giving it to the mortals. That's what I first thought of when I saw this pen.

-Barry

I like it Barry. It's very fitting.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I keep trying to top my previous work and yall are what keeps that drive moving. So I thank you. :biggrin:

Thumbs

Beautiful blank! The most complimentary thing I can think of to say is that if you can make these in a saleable quantity, you wil have a definite and continuing market. If not, then just a lot of envious people looking on. Thanks for sharing.

wizard

Jonathon,
You never cease to amaze...every time I think you have created your masterpiece...you just go make a new one...AAAARRRGHHH...By the way.. I went on a small spree on Exotics. Seems that they have a new batch of some guys blanks that are supposed to be HOT STUFF!!!:wink: Regards, Doc

Lenny

Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors. That being said, Wilson completely stole every scene they were in together in that movie! :biggrin::biggrin:

My son was fortunate enough to attend a lecture he gave at Vassar College a few years ago. (his daughter graduated the year before my son)

THAT blank is my favorite so far!!! .... but then I find myself saying that every time you post a new one!:wink: :)

Top Bottom