Longwood Slimline in Cocobolo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ghostrider

ghostrider

This one was a little more chalanging since my drill press only has a 2" throw, and the table is only 7" from the chuck.

Thanks to Drstrangefart and some other members, I'm starting to get a better understanding of the CA finish. Still need some improvement, but getting there.

Attachments

• DSCN0789.jpg
    DSCN0789.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN0790.jpg
    DSCN0790.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

That's a great peice of timber that's been treated properly. I'm glad you showed it. Finish looks really clean, too.
Thanks, I really appreciated your help.

There's a few flaws, but it was late, and I get to the point where I decide I'm not doing it over again. :redface::biggrin:

I wanted to put the valleys in it in order to show off the grain.

Truth be told, I did a better job on the one I did the day before doing one blank at a time, but didn't get any pics before it left my possession.

Drstrangefart

That's a great peice of timber that's been treated properly. I'm glad you showed it. Finish looks really clean, too.
Thanks, I really appreciated your help.

There's a few flaws, but it was late, and I get to the point where I decide I'm not doing it over again. :redface::biggrin:

I wanted to put the valleys in it in order to show off the grain.

Truth be told, I did a better job on the one I did the day before doing one blank at a time, but didn't get any pics before it left my possession.

I've done roughly 100 pens so far, and I still get flaws in a lot of them, but they get smaller. I'm less afraid of building up extra layers of medium or thick and MicroMeshing it down and re-building on a MUCH smoother surface. I can fill in some large pits doing that if I'm hellbent to finish a pen that's going badly.

Top Bottom