Longwood set (first pencil)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Longwood pen and pencil set. Brushed satin metal. Upper section is Lacewood with CA finish. MM to 3200. Lower section is Oak with CA/BLO finish.

I am very happy with the way these came out. Started out with Beechnut upper but cracked blank at last minute and didn't really like the the combo with the walnut lower. So, I changed to the Lacewood which seems to go better. I was wanting a little more contrast, but it still looks good. The lower part in walnut I had to do several times to get the shapes similar.

Comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcom.

Attachments

• IMG_1977a-web.jpg
    IMG_1977a-web.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Longwood pen and pencil set. Brushed satin metal. Upper section is Lacewood with CA finish. MM to 3200. Lower section is Oak with CA/BLO finish.

I am very happy with the way these came out. Started out with Beechnut upper but cracked blank at last minute and didn't really like the the combo with the walnut lower. So, I changed to the Lacewood which seems to go better. I was wanting a little more contrast, but it still looks good. The lower part in walnut I had to do several times to get the shapes similar.

Comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcom.
I did not realize there was a Longwood with a centre band. Now if it was possible to incorporate the Cigar nib as Brooks803 did in his Long Clicker, that would be an awesome pen.

Not that it isn't now! I'm just saying ..............

Rangertrek

Gary, nice set of pens. The Longwood kit is one of my favorites. I have made many of them and they sell well. I think customers like the slim and light weight design.

Mack C, that is the PSI Longwood kit, you can make with or w/o the rubber grip. Nice it to make, I prefer it over a slimline any day.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Gary, nice set of pens. The Longwood kit is one of my favorites. I have made many of them and they sell well. I think customers like the slim and light weight design.

Mack C, that is the PSI Longwood kit, you can make with or w/o the rubber grip. Nice it to make, I prefer it over a slimline any day.
Hi John; Yes, thanks for that! I see it only takes Cross refills of which I'm not too fond.:frown:

Top Bottom