Longwood Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Parker ballpoint with Titanium Gold plating dressed up in a piece of stabilized BEB.
Turned, sanded to 400x, buffed with super fine steel wool, burnished with BEB wood shavings and applied 6 coats of MINWAX Oil Modified Water Based Polyurethane using the "Dipping Method"

Les

DSC08094.jpg

DSC08096.jpg

DSC08102.jpg

DSC08099.jpg

DSC08106.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

The pen and photos look really great and the your finishing method sounds unique and definitely looks great as well! But what is BEB?

Jgrden

76 Winger and I need to know BEB. Is that the shavings off the main wood blank? Curious minds inquire to you sir.

ZanderPommo

looks great! hows the finish quality compare to CA? looks good from here, though in the long run I expect it may be less durable than CA??:confused:

paintspill

well clearly les is more. (sorry couldn't resist.) but i think we are all curious about the finish. being in the coatings industry even a quick dry urethane your talking a hour or 2 between coats, and are you polishing or buffing afterwards. ???

rd_ab_penman

well clearly les is more. (sorry couldn't resist.) but i think we are all curious about the finish. being in the coatings industry even a quick dry urethane your talking a hour or 2 between coats, and are you polishing or buffing afterwards. ???

Just rubbing down with super fine steel wool between coats with no buffing or polishing on the final coat.

Les

Top Bottom