Long Wood, Longwood, whatever

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Larry in Harrow

Just did a blank trade with Keith Long and used some of the them on Longtube/Longwood Gold Click pens. So are they Long Wood Pens or Longwood Pens? You judge.

Longwood_Longtubes_Keith-Long.jpg

Grape Vine on Gold Longwood Clicker kit:

%2311020_Longtube-Gold_Grape-Vine.jpg

Applewood on Gold Longwood Clicker kit:

%2311021_Longtube-Gold_Apple.jpg

Spalted Persimmon on Gold Longwood Clicker kit:

%2311022_Longtube-Gold_Spalted-Persimmon.jpg

Of course all three are one-piece barrels, veneer CB's, finished with CA. If I had miss calculated and left the barrels too long then these would be "longwood, Long Wood, Longwood" pens.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shull

What ever you want to call them, they are beautiful. I am not familiar with the hardware. You say that they are one piece barrels?

PKLONG

It's been a couple years but I used to make what PSI now calls a Longwood. Back then they just called it a Long Pen but it still has the same order #. I used to make them kind of funky and also made my own boxes. I've gotten lazy since I guess. Here's an old photo of a set I made for a friend.

Greg%27s_Pen_Set.jpg

Just checked and I still have a bag with a couple dozen of these old kits.

Rick_G

Looking good Larry. That apple wood one has some real nice colour to it. First half of that box of maple you sent me has been shipped to Jim. Started on the second half today.

turn4fun

Larry, Those are sure nice.. the stepped centerband makes them lot more interesting than the usual longwood click pen. Whatever you did to add the veneer band is dead-on parallel to the step and the grain pattern is perfectly retained. How did you add the veneer band to the blank? I'd like to do something like that on the pens that I make. Thanks for sharing.. Larry R.

Top Bottom