Long time no see.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from daledut

Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

First for those of you who even remember me I must appologize for my very long absence. It is a long story, but between my, and my wife's work situations and the fact that I ran out of places to sell my pens, I have all but stopped making pens.

I do still make some as gifts and do other turning projects.

Well the reason for my return is a very old promise. Back when I was still active I made this pen.

200627235040_untitled2.jpg

I also wrote an article about how I made it. That article was sent to Woodturning Design Magazine. I promise to let everyone know when it got published.

Well at long last it has been published and is out in the spring 2006 issue.

So I know it has been about 2 years (I originally posted it in Aug. 2004), but I have kept my promise.

Thanks for indulging a blast from the past.

Dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timdaleiden

Wow, I thought you might have gotten lost in the acorn forest.[;)]

Glad to see you here again, and congratulations on the article. Yet another published author here. Great Job Dale.

Tim

Hi Dale,

I just recieved the Issue today and I just finished reading your piece....very well done!!

I will give it a go, it adds a great deal of design oppertunity to a pen I consider the Chevy of pens, dependable and durable...a very nice touch!

[:D][:D][^]

Tom McMillan

I did get my mag---and saw the aritcle!! Great going Dale!!! I understand things change---and appreciate your post. My life's changed a bit too, so not posting as much as I'd like to be. Hope you make it back soon!![:)]

Scott

Hi Dale!

I was thrilled to see your article in the magazine! Great job! And that is one heck of a nice pen!

Scott.

its_virgil

Dale,
I too am glad to hear form you. I remember the pen and look forward to getting my copy. Maybe tomorrow and I can read your article. I hope you can stay around for awhile but understand if that is not to be. I wish I had thought of "getting lost in the acorn forrest" first. I like that. Glad you've found your way out and thanks for letting us know about the article.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by daledut
<br />First for those of you who even remember me I must appologize for my very long absence. It is a long story, but between my, and my wife's work situations and the fact that I ran out of places to sell my pens, I have all but stopped making pens.

I do still make some as gifts and do other turning projects.

Well the reason for my return is a very old promise. Back when I was still active I made this pen.

200627235040_untitled2.jpg
<br />

I also wrote an article about how I made it. That article was sent to Woodturning Design Magazine. I promise to let everyone know when it got published.

Well at long last it has been published and is out in the spring 2006 issue.

So I know it has been about 2 years (I originally posted it in Aug. 2004), but I have kept my promise.

Thanks for indulging a blast from the past.

Dale

Thumbs

I thought I recognized the name on that article from somewhere! Beautiful job that added a lot of extra class to a well designed and sturdy pen, IMHO....[:D]

I like to see real honest wood. Not a hodgepodge assembly of odd pieces put together. I don't care whether you call it artistic or not. I just like wood that looks like wood. This does and I like it![;)]

I don't mind using other materials either! I just don't like mixing them or trying to make them look like something they are not. FWIW. I know, I know, not much![}:)]

daledut

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is truly gratifying to be remembered.

I would love to still be part of this forum, I just don't have much to offer, since I rarely make pens any more.

I also like the "lost in acorn forest" line, except that I have been so busy that I haven't been in the forest in months.

Lately I have been concentrating on Harmonica playing, since I can do that in the car on my 2 hour round trip to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom