Long snap cap rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is a Long snap cap rollerball with bronze crushed velvet . This kit is from the UK . It has a nice firm snap on cap and is a nice inexpensive rollerball kit . I used the postable blind cap on this one but I think the rest will be closed ended , it is a long body and feels unbalanced with the cap posted . I used one of my beloved crushed velvet blanks in bronze . It's a slender pen but I think I like it .
Sorry for the bad pictures but I'm having a photo challenged day .

As always , comments are welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You should have given me a call Butch, I would gladly have sent some over and you may have saved a few bucks on shipping. Those are great kits to rob bits from too. Esp with a screw in nib.
You can actually get them in USA but the only ones I have seen have engraving or stickers on the cap.
http://www.augumspenworks.com/newitems.htm

Butch, you can also pop out the clip end cap, then use the chrome cap as a tube for a blank, then press the clip back in.

Edit; Hey!!!!!! Just hang on one second there buddy ol' boy!!!!!!! Why are YOU using kits???????????:eek::eek::biggrin:

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . The kits come from Axeminster tools in the UK .
Yes Lupe I really do love these blanks , they have such a beautiful look , they turn well and have a vintage look to them .
Thanks Max , sorry to say that I was just having a bad photo day , couldn't get a good focus , the depth of field was way off but it looked great on the cameras screen . I didn't see how bad they were until I went to process them and by then I had already put away the photo stuff and didn't feel like taking it all back out and setting it up again .
Thanks for the offer Skip . Shipping wasn't bad and I bought several of them so it worked out to be only pennys per kit . I must say they are great people to work with but shipping did take awhile but that was most likely the postal services fault . I've seen you using these kits and really liked the design so I figured I'd get some so I could have something different then everyone else around here has and they would be great for parts for some other works as well , never thought about using the cap as a tube , thanks for the ideas .
As for why kits ? I needed to rebuild my stock back up . Since I'm among the growing ranks of unemployed around here I need to get out and sell some pens to help supplement my dwindling savings until the economy picks up and I get another job .

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Really sorry to hear that you are out of work Butch. Good luck finding another one.

I hope you don't mind me posting a pic in your thread, but here's the same pen but closed ended and with the cap sleeved. I made it some time ago.
I think that it would look better with a cb on the cap end though. It kinda has that 'unfinished' rough look.

Attachments

• ChromeTopSleeved.jpg
    ChromeTopSleeved.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 149

ldb2000

Thanks Skip . I don't mind , I like looking at your work .... it gives me ideas :devil::biggrin: I like the looks of that and I think it looks great without the CB .

Top Bottom