The long and short of it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dick Mahany

Dick Mahany

Here are a couple of Tritons from the weekend. The one in front is the standard length Triton and the one in the rear is an extended length version using a Jr. series lower tube. Both Redwood burl and Woodturners Finish.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Long and Regular Triton..jpg
    Long and Regular Triton..jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 441
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

Both are Rollerballs. The longer one uses a simple 0.25" spacer between the bottom of the end cap and spring. Someone here described the simple solution for the spacer by cutting a piece from the plastic caps that come on the tips of the rollerball refills. Worked perfectly.

Dick Mahany

Both are great! I like the satin chrome trim, may have to try one of those. Love the spacer idea, I knew I was keeping those caps for something...(tells self, I'm not a hoarder, I'm not a hoarder)

Thanks,
Not to change the subject, but a recent pic from you and also from Carl Fisher got me going on a closed end pen with a custom finial. Turned out better than I had expected, but I'm not sure mine is pic worthy. Thanks for the ideas!

Last edited:

southernclay

Both are great! I like the satin chrome trim, may have to try one of those. Love the spacer idea, I knew I was keeping those caps for something...(tells self, I'm not a hoarder, I'm not a hoarder)

Thanks,
Not to change the subject, but a recent pic from you and also from Carl Fisher got me going on a closed end pen with a custom finial. Turned out better than I had expected, but I'm not sure mine is pic worthy. Thanks for the ideas!

Your post, you can talk about whatever you want. :biggrin:

I'd love to see it, I'm a little backed up but hoping in the next month to try the closed end so would like to see yours and any thoughts. I'm guessing its plenty pic worthy. That pen Carl posted was sweet!

OZturner

Great Pair of Tritons, Dick.
It is not that I am short, just slightly "Vertically Challenged", hence, I just love the Extended Blank, as every 1/4" is precious.
The Tritons perfectly match your well chosen Blanks, the Redwood Burl is Devine, as is your Fit and Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom