Long Huanghuali Silver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marcruby

marcruby

Pardon the awful pun. This blank was a very thin piece that Rarestwoods was kind enough to include as a lagniappe in another purchase. It was so thin that I despaired of ever getting more than a slimline from it. But after staring at it for a while I decided that it would be worth the effort to try to get a baron out of it. And to the surprise of my drill press I managed to just make the blank fit.

It's a silver baron, and a high gloss CA finish that I managed to tame with a polarizing lens. I'm still getting the hang of my camera but I'm not at all unhappy with the result so far.

Marc

Attachments

• Huanghuali Baron.jpg
    Huanghuali Baron.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

That is a gorgeous pen Marc. Beautiful wood, nice deep color. The photo looks good too. Congrats on squeezing a larger pen out of the small blank. Is that a custom button on top?

pipecrafter

*smacks forehead*

Polarizing filter!!

Good grief, I've been fighting the shiny highlights for years now, and I never thought of that. That's an awesome tip. Thank you!

Oh, really nice looking pen. :biggrin:

Rarest wood

lagniappe shmlagniappe

I read the post and wondered what the dickens a lagniappe was... what had I done wrong? then on loking it up it all became clear...

This word is Cajun for "something extra," like the extra donut in a baker's dozen. An unexpected nice surprise.

thats a lovely pen marc Ime so glad you did the blank justice:biggrin:

I have some tzutan posted in the individuel listings if anyone wants some of the "A"s I will include some more lagniappe!

Daniel

Marc, Really nice pen. But I have to ask just what you think you are doing? Like photography is not already a complicated enough subject, now you want to bring filters in to it? Huh? do you really???
Actually I have thought it has been time to do just that for a wile now. It was not that long ago that it took considerable effort to explain depth of field and white balance. I was pretty impressed at our little gathering that nearly everyone in the room had an understanding of those.

Top Bottom