A long forgotten blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Here's one I finished this week-end. This blank showed up last week in the mail. It was a back-ordered blank from back at the beginning of February. This is the first time I've used a dyed, stabilized blank. Wow! I think I'll be buying a few more of these from now on.

Here's the blank as it arrived - not much to look at.

0532122154_Red%20Stabilized%20Maple%20Burl%20Blank.jpg

And here's what it turned into. A nice Satin Euro.....

200532122235_Dyed%20Maple%20Burl%20Satin%20Eyro.jpg

Thanks for havin a look.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Ken, that's awesome. My wife is looking over my shoulder, and even she went "wow" as I scrolled down the page. Hmmm...no more reading over my shoulder for her; she'll want me to turn pens as nice as yours!

wayneis

lol, one more person that is on to our secret. Heck before you know it everybody's going to be turning stabilized wood. Ken that turned out so nice I suppose that now you're only going to be turnin the stabilized stuff too? ;o) sshh, don't tell everybody.

Wayne

opfoto

Ok... Now this must be where the magic begins.... There is just no way in Heck, I would have seen such a beautiful pen in those blanks.

Ken, you did a great job on it. Nice Fit and Finish. Beautiful Pen. Thanks for posting before and after photos...I hope more people post before and after. It really helps those of us who are new and can't afford to buy a sample of everything. Thanks.

KKingery

There was just one cut-off from the blank. I'm saving it to use as a center band someday. Thanks again for all the nice comments. I never would have dreamed that ugly piece of wood would reveal such color....it's incredible. I think I'll give this one to my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom