Long El Toro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

This is an El Toro fountain pen that I made longer by using a Presidente tube in the body. I am very excited about this kit for a reason that may seem strange to some. The threaded insert in the cap is a seperate piece so I can leave off the centerband without having to do any modifications. My plan is to use this kit for some large segmented solid body pens but I like to do a kit at least once before I start to modify.

20064972546_ElToroMorado.jpg

As a note this pen does feel unbalanced with the cap posted but this will be a personal pen for me to try out and I do not post my cap. It should not be an issue with the solid bodies since the cap will not post.

The one thing I immediately do not like about this kit is it takes over 2 revolutions to remove the cap, but I can live with that since the threads seem to work very nicely. I also am not crazy about the style on the nib feed housing but again I think I can live with it. I have not inked it yet so no opinion on how well it writes.

Comments or critiques about this pen or my plan are appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Looks good and I will also be looking forward to what you do with it. I like the El Toro. One good thing about it is that the grain always lines up since it seems there's only one set of threads.

dubdrvrkev

A B2B pen from Mike [:0] JK I know it is a trial run. I like this a lot better than the regular el toro, that stubby one looks weird IMHO.
I can't believe this thing was just getting tubed yesterday, did we stay up late?

vick

Originally posted by chitswood
<br />Didi you say what kind of wood it is? Nice job!
I guess I did not it is Morado. I have become very fond on Morado lately. I origianlly picked a board up beause it was a full 1 inch and I wanted some larger blanks. But it has a beautiful brown color shines up nicely and turns very well. Plus I can pick it up at about $8 a board ft locally, and you can do the math you can get about 24 6 inch blanks out of a board ft.

Kevin - Yeah I was up a little late, but I did not wait for my CA to cure overnight since I was so excited to get it finished. I have a segmented blank started that I am excited about and wanted to make sure I was fully familiar with the kit before I put the blank together anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom