Long Click Puzzle Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kirkfranks

kirkfranks

Well I was in on the group buy for the Long Click Puzzle Pen kits.
The Puzzle kit is from Ken Nelson (kallenshaanwoods) and thanks to John Gerst (johnm) for running the group buy.

The kit went together really well. This was my first try with any of Kens laser inlay kits so I cannot compare to others, but my impression is that it was pretty easy to assemble (just takes about an hour with no distractions) and the fit of the pieces was very good.

There are 32 individual puzzle pieces. About 25 different types of wood from what I can count.

I have one more kit to glue and turn yet. Hope it comes out as well as this one.

Comments good or bad about the pen welcome (not so much the photos.)

Attachments

• Puzzle Long Click Pen.jpg
    Puzzle Long Click Pen.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Puzzle Long Click Pen 2.jpg
    Puzzle Long Click Pen 2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Kirk,
Wow!! For your first try at one of Ken's kits, you sure started out with one of the more difficult ones... And you did a superb job.

I watched his son Colin, assemble one at SWAT a couple weekends ago. Some pieces appear to go in from the top and some fit better from the bottom.

Nice work!!

Last edited:

kirkfranks

Kirk,
Wow!! For your first try at one of Ken's kits, you sure started out with one of the more difficult ones... And you did a superb job.

I watched his son Colin, assemble one at SWAT a couple weekends ago. Some pieces appear to go in from the top and some fit better from the bottom.

Nice work!!

Thanks for the kind words.
Yes the puzzle pieces do seem to want to go in from the bottom on many of the pieces. I think this is due to the bevel that the laser puts on the part since it does not cut straight down on every surface of the part.
There were a couple that seemed like they needed to go in from the bottom on 3 sides and the top on the last side.:crying:
They did all finally go in.

greggas

Nice job Kirk;

I'm looking at the boxes with my two kits wondering when I'll work up the courage to open and assemble...you're not going to be in Boston this week by any chance??:glasses-cool:
greg

gad5264

I got mine also but have not had the time to assemble them, kids, work and life are getting in the way. But I want to say that these look awesome and I am excited to do mine.

Top Bottom