Long Click Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RHossack

RHossack

Haven't had much time for the lathe and with shoveling snow the garage has been a foreign place to be.

This pen is wearing a semi-local invasive shrub that is primarily in the Western side of WA but can be found in the Panhandle of Idaho called "Scotch Broom".

This is four coats of Med. CA and buffed with Brasso.

5886100SB-Pen_001_800x600.JPG

5809826SB-Pen_004_800x600.JPG

The sap wood is yellow and the reflection is like deep pools of sunlight.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

That is a sharp looking Long Click, I've never heard of Scotch Broom before, but it certainly is pretty, or at least the piece you got hold of is.

aggromere

Your pen is beautifu. I like the long click. But, I've had problems with them. My problem, on everyone I have made, is when I press the nib end in with the writing tip attached and then press the clicker end in, I can't get the nib end off to put the refill in it without pliers which ruins the finish and I have to canabalize another kit to replace the writing tip. Anyone else have that problem or know what I am doing wrong?

David Keller

Pretty wood and finish. That's a first for me on the particular wood, but it looks like it has a fair bit of chatoyance.

toolcrazy

Your pen is beautifu. I like the long click. But, I've had problems with them. My problem, on everyone I have made, is when I press the nib end in with the writing tip attached and then press the clicker end in, I can't get the nib end off to put the refill in it without pliers which ruins the finish and I have to canabalize another kit to replace the writing tip. Anyone else have that problem or know what I am doing wrong?

Use a rubber lid pad to get the nib off. I had the same trouble when I did my first one. And that is how I got it off. Then I just left the nib off and pressed the threads in carefully to the right depth, when I did the second one.

Still a gorgeous pen over here too, Ron.

Scotch Broom is a very invasive weed over here. You can not get rid of it. The only way to keep it under control is cut it down before it blooms. Otherwise it just reseeds itself.

dl351

Nice pen! I didn't think something so nice could come from such a wretched plant! I lived in various places around Puget Sound for a couple of years, and that Scotch Broom did a number on me with allergies! Also, in Olympia I even helped on a park clean up day to weed a lot of Scotch Broom out.

Toolcrazy: I was even in Port Orchard for a while! Beautiful country up around their!

Nick

Beautiful pen Ron very well done.
I can attest to the fine work that Ron does, I am lucky to have one of his one piece Cigar pens I received in a pen swap.
Thank you again Ron

Top Bottom