Long Click-I love this pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mdburn_em

mdburn_em

This is more of a review of this pen kit. I hadn't made a pen in a long, long time and so I kind of rushed it. I sanded through the finish up near the clip and the nib end is slightly proud. I'm happy with it, but will not sell it.

That said, I love it. I love the solid feel of the click mechanism.
I walk down the halls at work, just clicking away.

I did use a 3/8" drill bit. I have one of the Norseman bits from BB. I held the tube up to the drill press and then chucked the bit so it was just slightly longer than the tube. I also made sure the bit was centered in the jaws.

I drilled the full 3" while holding it in my trusty PH vise. Then I raised the table up with the bit inside the tube and finished drilling through the blank.

Honduran Rosewood Burl I bought on EBay. I didn't want to chance one of Nolan's blanks on this.

2008524175226_LongClick6.jpg

2008524175257_LongClick5.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mdburn_em

The wood at the nib end is very dark and doesn't photograph well. I am very excited about this pen.
Finally it seems we are getting pens with good click mechanisms. (Now that we have this one and the Sierra)

Marc Phillips

I don't know if it's just a mood I might be in, or what... but have been looking at the pics of this kit on here for a few weeks now.... and honestly... I just don't like it.

It just looks like a tube to me... and the click button is way too large and the nib seems large and clumsy...

Might be just the way it looks online though...
confused-smiley-013.gif

Opinions are like uhhh... belly buttons; we all have one :D

From what I can see you did a good job on it!
thumbsup%20smiley.gif

2008525144828_2008524175226_LongClick6.jpg

Top Bottom