Lone Star(s) and Stripes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jedgerton

jedgerton

Just finished the Lone Star pen this weekend. The stars and stripes pen has been posted here before but they look so good together, I couldn't resist reposting it with its new companion.

Let me know what you think and BTW, Curtis, I'm still loving that CA finish! Also, kits are from Constant.

100B1041.JPG

John

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Nice job on the pens, I started doing one of Constants Puzzles a little bit ago but got distracted, stupid cars! I'm finding his kits very easy to work with, And his engraving isn't too shabby either, just look at one of the prizes for tomorrow nights trivia contest, (it's just a dumb old tool)

Gagler

Those look really nice; I could imagine a pen and pencil set with that combination for fellow Texans.

How was the assembly on the Stars and Stripes? I got one of Constant's stars and stripes for the Streamline to make at a friend's request, but haven't had a good block of time to do more than stop and start on what seems like 1,001 projects lately.

jedgerton

Those look really nice; I could imagine a pen and pencil set with that combination for fellow Texans.

How was the assembly on the Stars and Stripes? I got one of Constant's stars and stripes for the Streamline to make at a friend's request, but haven't had a good block of time to do more than stop and start on what seems like 1,001 projects lately.

Michael,

My advice is to do the assembly when ample time is available (about 30 minutes for me). I followed Constant's instructions to the letter but one thing that wasn't clear to me initially was that after the parts are assembled and the tubes are wrapped in masking tape, soak the tube in thin CA by holding it at an angle and pouring the thin CA inside the tube.

On mine, this makes peeling the tape impossible so the first thing I do before using my skew is to sand off all of the tape. This also smooths the surface and reduces the chance of anything catching when you first introduce the skew to the material.

John

Top Bottom