Logwood Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Logwood Burl, a complimentary blank from Ed and Dawn at Exotics, on a Gold Cambridge with Sterling Silver Accents. The wood which is easy to turn has a yellow orange color to it. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for just looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Logwood Burl Cambridge_2.jpg
    Logwood Burl Cambridge_2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Logwood Burl Cambridge_1.jpg
    Logwood Burl Cambridge_1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Logwood Burl Cambridge.jpg
    Logwood Burl Cambridge.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Great pen, Doc
That wood seems pretty similar to Desert Ironwood but a bit more uniform. And I love that Cambridge hybrid kit. Probably my favorite. Great pen as usual! Thanks for sharing.
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

SteveG

Your penmanship is great as always! I just got some of the logwood and really like it. At the point of just prior to applying finish, I set the blanks in the sun for about one hour, and the color deepened to a beautiful, rich red while retaining a little of the gold/orange highlights. I don't know if your pen will likewise darken with finish already applied. Nice work.

Steve Guzy

wizard

Your penmanship is great as always! I just got some of the logwood and really like it. At the point of just prior to applying finish, I set the blanks in the sun for about one hour, and the color deepened to a beautiful, rich red while retaining a little of the gold/orange highlights. I don't know if your pen will likewise darken with finish already applied. Nice work.

Steve Guzy

Steve, I didn't know you could do that. Is that characteristic of logwood? Do you know it the sunlight itself or the heat/warmth that causes the deepening of the color? I put a clear CA finish on the pen so we will see. It would be worth getting another piece of wood to try that. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom