Lodon Plane on a Tempest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Curly

Curly

Disclaimer. Marla makes blanks for Beaufort Ink.

It's been a years since I turned a wood pen so this was fun. It is a Tempest from Beaufort Ink. A nice click with a Parker style refill. The wood is Spalted London Plane that we bought when we lived outside Vancouver, B.C., Canada. I believe the tree is a variant of Sycamore. CA finished, sanded with 400 grit, then 0000 steel wool and buffed with the Beall buffing wheels in the lathe.

Attachments

• IMG_3879.jpg
    IMG_3879.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3881.jpg
    IMG_3881.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3882 (1).jpg
    IMG_3882 (1).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love the blank and you certainly have retained your skills. Very nice finished pen. You need to play more often. :rolleyes:

Curly

Much appreciated guys.

Mal we got the wood from what used to be Bow River Woods in Chilliwack. It was in their specials bin. Most of the wood in it is a buck or two and they fill it a few times a week with various scraps. You have to cut it up if you want to make pens from it but the piece this pen was made of was big enough for at least 8 blanks 9" long. You should go out there someday. Once I was in there and they had a pile of Ambonya burls that would fill a small dump truck. Lots were a couple hundred pounds each. Not cheap but beautiful. Wish I had bought a few.
https://www.woodtoworks.com

Beautiful pen and an outstanding finish. I'd say that's the nicest click kit - and perhaps click pen - I've seen, I need to get a few of those. Clicks are much better to use at work and I've been asked for them by some of my coworkers I've made twist pens for.

Top Bottom