Lock n' load!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cbonner

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbonner

Here's what I've been tinkering with for the past couple months in my spare time. All are finished with CA, followed by many coats of lacquer, then polished out to a glassy surface. I used most of my favorite woods, including amboyna burl, rosewood burl and pommelle bubinga. The segmented versions include maple flanked by ebony. Most are .308 cartridges, with a 300WSM and a 330 Dakota case thrown in. I like the look of the turned off case heads on the upper barrels, but it makes finishing them much more complicated (Quite a few were resanded/ finished multiple times).

tn_Cartridge%20pens%2001.jpg

tn_Cartridge%20pens%2002.jpg

tn_Cartridge%20pens%2003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TAFFJ

I am being given some empty cartridge cases in the New Year. What kits do you use when making these fine looking pens? How do you attach them to the case? Any info would be gratefully rx.
Merry Christmas from across the pond![:I][:D]

Woodlvr

David,
Here is one link to an article in the library by Don Ward for cartridge pens. Check out the library and there may be more. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2006/cartridgepens.pdf

Mike

bitshird

Nice group of pens, I waiting for some cartridges from Gary so I can try a couple, I'll be thrilled if mine come out any where even near as nice as yours, they are fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom