Local PITH Pen - Slimline Challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Here's my PITH pen for our local meeting. I'm having separation issues, and I haven't given it away yet.:frown:

This was really fun to make. I can't wait to make another one that I get to keep. It has a hidden clip with a slanted finial. Both things I hadn't tried before. The clip was surprisingly easy. The thing I did wrong was drill too deep which made my top barrel a little too long. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. I made the finial & centerband from alumilite. The blank is a PR blank that I was experimenting with some colors.

C&C welcome.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Awesome!

Now that's a great pen! I would hate to part with it too! You should do a tutorial & show us amateurs how to do some of that @ our quarterly meeting! Makes my efforts seem weak & leave a lot to be desired....

TDE

Boy, I have my challenge pen done,BUT I kind of hate to show it after Bob's beautiful pen. I almost said I hope I get it but I did get his last really nice pen in the swap. I'm with Phillip, we need to see that done. Sounds like a good demo. See you tomorrow. Ted:)

BSea

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Now that's a great pen! I would hate to part with it too! You should do a tutorial & show us amateurs how to do some of that @ our quarterly meeting! Makes my efforts seem weak & leave a lot to be desired....

Boy, I have my challenge pen done,BUT I kind of hate to show it after Bob's beautiful pen. I almost said I hope I get it but I did get his last really nice pen in the swap. I'm with Phillip, we need to see that done. Sounds like a good demo. See you tomorrow. Ted:)
Well, maybe I'll do a demo of this at the next meeting. The good part is that it doesn't require a lathe to show how I did the clip. If you don't want to wait for the demo, there is a good article that I followed in the library.

There are a few, but this is the one I used:http://content.penturners.org/library/techniques/recessedpf.pdf

Top Bottom