Local BBQ get together pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dai Sensei

Dai Sensei

Had a BBQ with a heap of local woodworkers from our Australian Forum (most pen turners are members here to :tongue:). I took along my new little Woodfast Lathe on it's shiny new red trolley to demo on.

Unfortunately I could only do 4 pens and start on a trinket box before my chisels were too blunt for turning. I'm making a fold up shelf for the trolley so I can take my wetgrind next time.

3 Paua shell EB pens and one SS cable Sierra Vista pen. 2 of the Paua shell pens are from sheet shell cut into strips and the other is from chips, both are glued on black tubes with CA then cast with clear resin. The SS pen has been cast with yellow tinted resin.

Cheers

1_Paua_shell_EBs.jpg

1_goldtintSV.jpg

1_ZarguldsBBQ_6.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Love the Paula shell pens.....and the stainless steel but that shell made from chips is outstanding.

Dai Sensei

Thanks for the comments. Yes the paua shell ones take a lot of effort, especially the chips, gives the tweezers a good work-out :biggrin:

...Stainless Braid looks goo to, but I'm not crazy about the yellow tint.

We were trying to achieve the gold braid look, but didn't get there :redface:, more just like yellow isn't it :rolleyes::biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom