Loads of fun today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

I finished up a couple more today, first was a Churchill in black and white ebony.

2005111744112_DSCN5361%20churchillebony.jpg

Then is the Mun Ebony Perfect Fit Convertable.

200511174424_DSCN5365%20perfectmunebony.jpg

Then my curly spalted flashlight.

2005111744349_DSCN5373%20mapleflash.jpg

Lastly is a closed end Jr. Gentleman in cumberland rod.

2005111744627_DSCN5368%20closedendC.jpg

Thanks all.

Wayne

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Busy , busy, busy......The best Churchill I seen so far. The stripped Ebony realy blends well with the trim. I have not ordered any yet, I just can't get past the black trim with the gold rings or the center band reminds me of an Americana. Never seen a flashlight before, that is cool, and I think cumberland is tops for pen material, that one is nice.

alamocdc

Very nice work, Wayne. I have to tell you, I love that Churchill! That's probably my favorite of those I've seen. So how did you like working w/the B&W Ebony? I love the stuff!

BigRob777

Wayne,
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually prefer the black and white ebony over the curly spalted (my house is overflowing with curly maple). You did a great job on all of them. I have only seen two flashlights, including this one. Where do you get them?
Rob

I like them all and for different reasons. The Churchhill because of the grain of the wood, the PF for the shape of the pen, the Jr Gent because of the closed end, though I prefer rounder shape on the end (rememerbing my Schaeffer days). The flashlight really looks dynamic with the CM.

angboy

Like everyone else, I really like that Churchill! The blanks of B&W ebony I've seen have never looked that interesting! And the kit with the black and the long end really highlights the colors in the wood! Veyr good choice!

wayneis

Anthony you don't have to use the rings, just cut the blank a touch longer to make up for it and leave them off. In fact if you wanted to you could also leave the gold trim off on the lower end of the bottom barrel.

Wayne

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Busy , busy, busy......The best Churchill I seen so far. The stripped Ebony realy blends well with the trim. I have not ordered any yet, I just can't get past the black trim with the gold rings or the center band reminds me of an Americana. Never seen a flashlight before, that is cool, and I think cumberland is tops for pen material, that one is nice.

BigRob777

Wayne,
Thanks. I think I'll pick up a few. Don't want to be kept in the dark.[xx(] ooh! that was poor! I'll check with BB. I'm getting ready to buy some kits from him anyway.
Rob

Fangar

Wayne,

Those all look great!

In regards to the penlight... I think you mentioned in that email that you did both PSI penlight kits. I think I like the one without the end cap switch as well. Can you tell me from your experience, whether there are plastic parts that can't be teporarily removed from the kit parts. If I were to powdercoat the parts black, the plastic pieces would have to be removed of course.

Thanks in advance,

Fangar

Rifleman1776

The B&W Churchill is particularly eye-catching. First time I have seen an item turned from that wood. The pictures of blanks don't look all that appealing but your finished product is a stopper. Are those rings at the bottom part of the hardware or inlays? Can't tell from the picture.

wayneis

James I like the Berea kit better. I also don't care for the one that turns on with the button, they wear out faster. I don't have an unassembled kit here right now but from looking at this one you could coat the clip, the centerband and the end with the light bulb, you would not be able to coat the button or the trim ring on the top. The light that I like the best that Berea sells you could coat all of the parts with no problems I believe.

Wayne

Fangar

Thanks Wayne. I will try to email Bill B to see if he can shed some "Light" on the situation.

Can't believe I did that...

Fangar

Wayne, I love the curly spalted flashlight. I have the 2004/05 Berea Cat. and can't find it - the one in the Cat looks nothing like yours. Do you have a cat. # for the flashlight in the pic? Did you get it from BB or Berea? They all look great.

wayneis

Cumberland rod turn similar to the ebonites and lucites and it needs no finish. I sand with Micro Mesh and then buff with white dymond, thats what gives the great shine.

Wayne

Pen Man

I did some pens in black and white ebony, drill slow, and Sand slow and still it would crack. Did yours? or what is your advice?[8D]

2005111744112_DSCN5361%20churchillebony.jpg
<br />

Then is the Mun Ebony Perfect Fit Convertable.

200511174424_DSCN5365%20perfectmunebony.jpg
<br />

Then my curly spalted flashlight.

2005111744349_DSCN5373%20mapleflash.jpg
<br />

Lastly is a closed end Jr. Gentleman in cumberland rod.

2005111744627_DSCN5368%20closedendC.jpg
<br />

Thanks all.

Wayne
[/quote]

atvrules1

Wow Wayne, those are great pens. Fit and finish are right on, and the overall appearance of all of them is wonderful. I'd have to say the B&W ebony is my favorite, but would be proud of any of them.

wayneis

I've done several with black and white ebony and never had one crack, actually this is the first time that I've heard about this wood cracking. Plain ale black ebony, yes all the time.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom