A little spare time and spare parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

I had some spare parts from an old American flat top and the front half of an Artisan FP. The threads happened to match up nicely and this is the result.

Definitely needs an upgraded nib. The one that is on there is a placeholder until I figure out what the thread pattern is to order a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_0971_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0971_1 (Custom).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0977_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0977_1 (Custom).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0974_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0974_1 (Custom).jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 123
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Carl Fisher said:
I had some spare parts from an old American flat top and the front half of an Artisan FP. The threads happened to match up nicely and this is the result.

Definitely needs an upgraded nib. The one that is on there is a placeholder until I figure out what the thread pattern is to order a replacement.

Great looking pen Carl, but I'm wondering: If you just replace the nib (the metal part), why would you have to worry about the threads?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

IPD_Mr

That is a really nice look. The gold helps to pop the pen. Even with the long finial which I don't like, the pen still looks classy. Well done.

Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher said:

Great looking pen Carl, but I'm wondering: If you just replace the nib (the metal part), why would you have to worry about the threads?

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I was figuring to replace the whole feeder assembly as well since it all unscrews neatly from the rest of the front end. Perhaps I'm mistaken though since I don't work with FP that often and never looked into upgrades before now.

Top Bottom