Little Segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

I posted this pen in the segmenting forum but was asked to post it here. So here is the pen with my segmented blank. I used one of Woodcraft`s SpectraPly blanks to create the segmenting. Put in a couple more angles but I did not photo the blank before I turned it.
Hope you like it and C & C is welcome.
Not sure what happened to the first shot. Sorry for the quality of the photos I`m camera challenged.

Attachments

• abalone1.JPG
    abalone1.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 227
  • segment3.jpg
    segment3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 293
  • segment2.jpg
    segment2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 222
  • segment4.jpg
    segment4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 262
  • segment5.jpg
    segment5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 253
  • segment6.jpg
    segment6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hello Perry

I am glad you decided to show this pen here. It deserves to be seen in a wider watched forum. The use of the spectra blank is just the tip of the project. There is some fancy angle cutting to make it all work and you did a fine job with it. I wish when people do these type of blanks they have the original blank photo prior to turning. I have just started doing this myself. The reason I say this is because it always is amazing in the field of segmentation, the transformation a blank takes when it is turned round as oppose to square.

I thank you you for showing and the ideas for this type blank are endless. I am going to be a real pain again and ask you if you could post this here as well being you did use spectraply blanks. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18...er-projects-141951/?highlight=spectraply+pens

papaturner

John T. I posted the pen in the spectraply blanks post.

Hello Perry

I am glad you decided to show this pen here. It deserves to be seen in a wider watched forum. The use of the spectra blank is just the tip of the project. There is some fancy angle cutting to make it all work and you did a fine job with it. I wish when people do these type of blanks they have the original blank photo prior to turning. I have just started doing this myself. The reason I say this is because it always is amazing in the field of segmentation, the transformation a blank takes when it is turned round as oppose to square.

I thank you you for showing and the ideas for this type blank are endless. I am going to be a real pain again and ask you if you could post this here as well being you did use spectraply blanks. http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18...er-projects-141951/?highlight=spectraply+pens

John Smith

Great pen Perry. I also got a box of the sectraply bkanks. I may steal your idea if you don't mind.

Will you be going to the MPG in Ohio next spring? I really enjoyed talking with you last time.

papaturner

Great pen Perry. I also got a box of the sectraply bkanks. I may steal your idea if you don't mind.

Will you be going to the MPG in Ohio next spring? I really enjoyed talking with you last time.

Good to hear from you John. You are welcome to the idea just post the results.
Yeah I sure am planning on going to MPG really enjoyed last year. Hope to see you there.

OZturner

Spectacular Pen, Perry
Congratulations, on the Finish and Precision you achieved on your Blank, with the Perfect Bevel Cut.
This Unique Segmenting was Ideal, using the Perfect Material and Colour Choice, Outstanding.
Excellent Fit and Finish, as usual on your Pen.
Congratulations, and Regards.
Brian

Top Bottom