A little Segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Was playing in the shop today because I had a day off. So I finally got to turn a blank I had made up awhile ago. People call these swirls or feathers, but whatever you want to call them here is a quick little segmenting project that can be done easily and can be expanded to other things and with different inserts and blank colors could lead to a host of possibilities.

This is a Sierra Vista chrome kit with a white poured acrylic blank with red and black pickguard material for the fill. Spun and polished with MM.

Thanks for looking and any comments or questions are as always welcomed.

Like many people here that make excuses for poor photos I will say I did not break out th big equipment. Just point and shot. :)

IMGP0976_zps614c42f9.jpg

IMGP0975_zpscccb7c31.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

The point-n-shoot doesn't take anything away from this one! Well done, and I'm glad you got to turn something on your day off!! Always makes for a good day......

Scott (what's this time off thing he speaks of) B

Janster

I for one.......

.....LIKE it. Well done. Nice, simple and different! I too, would like to know how it was done. I was expecting a more traditional form of segmentation! Thanks for sharing your work! Be well................. Jan

Last edited:

jttheclockman

.....LIKE it. Well done. Nice, simple and different! I too, would like to know how it was done. I was expecting a more traditional form of segmentation! Thanks for sharing your work! Be well................. Jan

Jan I posted a photo of the blank in the Blank making forum if you are interested.

Segmentation can take on many different shapes and ideas and techniques. This just happens to be an easy version. Does give a different look to a blank. Others have taken this idea and created many other different designs. The Celtic knot is a byproduct of this technique as well as scallop making to a degree.

Top Bottom