200721616027_Gentlemens.jpg

A Modified slimline in BOW

200721616112_BOW.jpg

and couple for good luck[:p]

Buck-eye Baron Black TI

200721616359_Buck-eye.jpg

A Golden Amboyns Jr GentII

200721616510_Golden%20Amboyna.jpg

Pictures aren't brilliant, i don't have any room at the moment to set up my light tent:(.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Really cool work Andrew, I particularly like the Coco Gent and the mod on the slimline, though not keen on the matt kit.[:)]

Little and Large? Think anyone else knows?

Ligget

Great work Andrew, I like them all![:p] Never tried a Statesman as I thought it would be too big.

May try a couple from Turners Retreat next time I order something.

alxe24

Love the pens. Curious about how to get eliminate the center band. Could you please share the proccess? I looked at them a while back and I could not come with an idea about how to get the thing out since it is attach to the treads. Thanks

JimGo

Hmmmm...I especially like the Amboyna, but I'd like to see it with the cap off; just curious whether it looks out of balance. Otherwise, they're all very nice pens!

UKpenmaker

Many thanks for all the comments
Here is another Pic showing the pen with the cap off and posted.

Ang it is indeed wire burning that i have done.

Alxe/breeze,
The process was quite easy to do. The plastic sleeve does come out of the centre band with a bit of gentle persuasion, i had damaged the band on a previous pen so i just pulled out the sleeve gently with some pliers.
All you need to do is to enlarge the hole in the cap blank after you have doen the first drilling (just enough to allow the nib coupler band to fit inside, red arrows on picture) The plastic sleeve can be just slid inside to the correct depth and glued in place.

200721784024_Jr%20GentII.jpg
<br />

Steve Maybe we should make it a trivia question[:D][:p]

alxe24

Uk. Thanks for opening my eyes and show me the light. I hope you don't take this the wrong way since it is not intended. I kkep on looking and looking at the top image ( the one that shows the cap and it seems unfinish. So far I can't seem to think of the solution other that coating the brass ring with black. Very crude idea may be.
Anyway I really thank you for the insight. I will make one most likely sooner than I thought.
Again don't take this the wrong way. I a second thought. How many people will look at that ah?
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom