A little bit of Cuba

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Being from Tampa the cigar captial of the US had to try the Little Havana pen some time ago and its one of my favorites. Might need some help with my photograph skills,all comment welcome on both the pen and photograph. Do you think that the captions detract from the pen? BTW thats Spikes little cousin Spikelet.

2008119153257_2.jpg

Edited to correct spelling of the greenish-blue stone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Roy,

That really looks good. I've been wanting to do some of those. Really nice.

Photography skills? I wished my photographs looked as good as yours.

fernhills

Hi, very nice,,i got about 4 of the havanna ball point,but don`t have the large drill bit,have to wait till i order more items so i can make them. Carl

gerryr

I bet Roy can walk and chew gum at the same time.[:0]

Nice work on the pen. I can't decide about the caption. Arranging the cap and body in this manner makes for a very difficult photo situation. At the distance your camera probably is from the pen, maybe a foot, the depth of field is really shallow, less than one inch most likely. Here's a link to an online depth of field calculator, http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html which will help you visualize just how little you have to work with in terms of distance. To determine the distance to the subject measure from the pen to the back of the camera. You will notice that at no time do you enter shutter speed information.[}:)]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful pen! I'm not a huge fan of captions on pictures, but if I were I would probably spell-check turquoise. [8D] (You're welcome, William!)

OKLAHOMAN

See what happens when you can't get out in the shop and you sit in front of the computer all day you mix up your o's and i's. I really know how to <s>speel</s>spell <s>turquoies</s> that <s>green</s>blue/ green stone.Just for you Lou[:D][|)]? Now I'm going to bed my eyes and fingers are sore.
Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Beautiful pen! I'm not a huge fan of captions on pictures, but if I were I would probably spell-check turquoise. [8D] (You're welcome, William!)

txbatons

I like the pen and the photo and the caption. Beautiful color and attractive. My only criticisms, and they're very picky, are...1) the background (cloth?) is a little distracting, and 2) the tiny bit of shell sticking out of the posting end of the barrel gives the appearance of a ring around the post. I had to look twice to see that it wasn't a ring.

But that's just my $.02, which I understand is very overpriced! [:D]

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff in answer to your question on the comfort level, this pen IMHO is very comfy when posted. When this little guy is posted it is about 1/4 inch longer than an Emperor. I sell this to the Ladies for their purse, nice and small but full sized when in the writing mode.
I'll also answer DFK (Don) yes this is the pen that was discountiued at CSUSA but Aaron Lau(Malaiolani) is going to have it in 2 defferent finishes soon... Here is a link to his posting in Business Classified.http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31883 Thanks all for your comments.
Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />I think that's a cool looking pen, although not sure the comfort level of it. Where'd you get that pen from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom