Little bit of this and that..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Just a few pics of some pens I finished today (Bocote set) and a few I've done recently. The photography is poor, bear with me, thats the next area to focus(no pun intended) on.
The bocote pen and pencil set is for a friend at work. The grain pattern on the pens top half was a cool suprise. Any comments or suggestions are weelcomed.

Stan

edited to include photos!
200731823157_Bocote%20Set.jpg

2007318231547_Misc%20pens.jpg

2007318231631_Slimline%20experiment.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Husky

Originally posted by wudnhed
<br />Wow great looking work!!!!

Thanks! I've only begun penturning since December, and its gotten quite addictive. Can't seem to get any other woodworking projects going as long as that lathe keeps staring at me when I enter the shop![:D]
The slimlines in the bottom picture are an afternoons experiment after reading on Woodturner Russ's website on how he mades a fatter slimline. Went to different proportions, including the last one that reminds me of the shape of an Eskimo parka. Next I want to increase the tube lengths to get a longer , more comfortable pen.

ChrisinOR

They all look great, but there is one that particulary sparks my interest. Can you show a close up of the cigar that is in the arc all the way to the left at the bottom? It almost looks like it has flames?!

Chris Nilluka

Husky

Originally posted by ChrisinOR
<br />They all look great, but there is one that particulary sparks my interest. Can you show a close up of the cigar that is in the arc all the way to the left at the bottom? It almost looks like it has flames?!

Chris Nilluka

I will try to get a close up pic posted tonight after work. It was one of those acryllic neon blanks where the curvature of the pens shape just happened to interect the orange and red lines in the acryllic and took on a flame shape. I thought the odds of this happening and looking like an actual painted flame had to be astronomical, so I'm keeping that pen for my personal collection!

Husky

Originally posted by ChrisinOR
<br />They all look great, but there is one that particulary sparks my interest. Can you show a close up of the cigar that is in the arc all the way to the left at the bottom? It almost looks like it has flames?!

Chris Nilluka

How's this pic of the pen Chris?

2007319212054_Cigars.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom