Lit Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ragz

ragz

Decided I had to give this a try and have a couple of items to work out like cleaning up the seam where the cap and body mate. Double closed end Redwood burl and Dakota burl. All comments and suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• cigclosed.jpg
    cigclosed.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 442
  • cigopen.jpg
    cigopen.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tt1106

I guess you could try to make it cleaner, but it is pretty darn near perfect as it is. Looks wonderful. Very inventive.

ToddMR

I think it looks pretty good as is now too. One of the more cigar like looking ones I have seen imo. I think you did an outstanding job with the overall look and design.

ragz

Thanks for all the compliments!

Just a couple of things I would want to tighten up before I sold or gifted any out. Although I need to hurry up with it. I took it to work today and left with 6 orders for them.

ragz

Rangertrek - I don't know yet really. I think the first few will be pretty economical since they are coworkers that are interested but not too much. One person wants to order 4+. I have an idea what other makers sell them for but I have to meet my area to be able to sell them. I make pens that range from $25 to $300 that I make on a a regular basis. Just not sure where these will fall into. Any ideas on prices? It may depend on how many cigars I have to smoke to get the bands :p

sgimbel - This particular pen I used the a panache kit for the nib and threaded sections and tubes. I was mostly tinkering with it and my versions for sale will likely be kitless

Last edited:

Dave Turner

Really nice pens. I found a company that sells blank cigar band labels for you to print your own. By designing my own band, I can eliminate any trademark issues on pens that I want to sell. The one's I've made so far using real bands have been gifts.

Top Bottom